Thursday, October 20, 2011

The next Big Chair challenge


Now I've done a few smaller pieces and practised different techniques I'm going to attempt to do this quite large armchair. Probably biting off more than I can chew in attempting to get it done before Christmas.

 We stripped it down in one afternoon, and found all sorts of things hiding down the back; matches, sweet wrappers, sequins, pens, money, cat hair, peanuts....I have had to stress to Stu that this chair is not for muddy work clothes (him), crisp and nut munching (both of us) or red wine drinking (me). 

 OOooh its exciting, I cant wait to have it finished and be in front of the fire in it. (maybe I could have my red wine in a camelbak?)  Fabric choices are yet to be made but it probably will be something by Moon with piping in a tweed. Now if I can just finish the hundred other jobs I have on....




No comments: